Strange facts you don’t know about cats!
They are fluffy, purring, and wayward but we love them madly. Cats! One of the most popular pets, they have their good and bad sides. They are like people. They differ not only in their appearance but also in their temperaments. They feel our emotions and suffer or rejoice with us. Here are some interesting facts about them.
- Cats do not recognize sweet tastes.
- Their brain is like a human one. The part responsible for emotions in cats is the same as in humans.
- Cats rub against people not only because they enjoy it, but to mark them as their territory.
- Too much love and affection for cats called Aylurofiliya.
- Cat owners have a reduced risk of stroke or heart attack by up to a third.
- Cats see well in the dark, but do not recognize colors.
- Most cats are lactose intolerant, so avoid giving them plain milk.
- A cat sleeps 70% of its life.
- The cat’s nose is unique. It’s like a fingerprint in humans.
- Cats are able to produce about 100 different sounds. Dogs only produce 10.
- Cats sweat through the pads of their paws.
- Cats can manipulate people by changing their meowing. Some of them even imitate the voice of a small child to get food or affection.
- About a third of cat owners believe that their pets can read their thoughts.
- Approximately 65% of white cats with blue eyes are deaf.
- It is believed that men who have a cat for a pet are happy in love.
So we should be mindful of our very human feeling furry family members. Also, it may be a good idea to add a nose print on their pet licenses in case they are ever lost. The humane societies, shelters and pounds could create a database of nose prints to help us find our lost loves. Or we could keep using the microchips…but a nose print seems kinder…